What basic kitchen equipment do I need to cook Simple Box DIY boxes?
- You need a thick bottomed, medium size wok or cooking pot.
- Nice handy ladle
- And if you are using induction stove make sure your cooking utensil is induction friendly
What is Amma Masala?
- Amma Masala is a cooked paste, its a perfect replacement for fresh whole spices or other masala powders like garam masala etc.
- Ingredients: Yogurt, Onion, Cashew nuts, Vegetable oil, Ginger, Garlic, Coconut, Khas khas, Cloves, Cinnamon, Coriander, Cumin, Bay leaf, Green chilly, Salt. Allergens: Contains milk products and Nuts
What is the best way to use Amma Masala?
- Best way to use Amma Masala is to fry it with raw ingredients, before adding water to the cooking process.
Is Amma Masala vegetarian?
- Yes, it is 100% vegetarian and its great to use with vegetables.
What are the basics cooking tips for cooking Simple Box DIY Boxes?
- First rule, clean and dry equipment
- Then its all about the heat, do all the frying over medium heat.
- Remember these are pre-prepared items, so not much cooking required.
- Just use frying to bring all the ingredients together. NO BOILING REQUIRED
- Stirring, stir when you put the ingredient and then do it 2 more times before you put the next ingredient.
- Always add water as the last step, its absolutely OK not to add water at all if you like thick creamy curry.
How much water should I add, how to make extra gravy?
- To serve 4 people(20 pieces of chicken). for thick creamy curry ONLY add 1/2cup or 120g of water. Add more water if you want watery gravy.
- Only add water in end, NO BOILING.
Are Simple Box DIY boxes SPICY?
- NO, by default our DIY boxes are not spicy, are not salty and are not oily.
- If you want to make your DIY box spicy, just use split green chilies instead of whole chilies and add more as per your taste
How do I store Simple Box DIY boxes?
- STORAGE: NOT OPEN, 7 DAYS IN FRIDGE 5-7 C
- STORAGE: OPENED,5 DAYS IN FRIDGE 5-7 C
Are your DIY boxes Halal?
- We only use Halal certified products
- We do not cook Pork, we do not use lard
- We have Muslim cooks
- We do not have a HALAL certification
Can I know the delivery details
- Simple Box Food has limited delivery areas only. If your address is not found to be in our delivery area, but should be, please contact us. However, whether or not your address is included as part of our delivery areas is subject to Simple Box Food's absolute discretion.
- To order online, registered customers must first login by keying in their email address followed by their password.
- The 48 hours Delivery Commitment starts from the time we confirm your order via email.
- Our Delivery time slot is 01:00PM to 08:00PM.